Monday, May 5, 2008

Updated Guidelines

Updated guidelines. Changes in italics:
  • Minimum of 12 measures;
  • Fragments or phrases allowed: no piece needs to stand on its own;
  • If a day is missed, it must be made up the following day or as soon as possible;
  • Once Phase III begins, the first full week of every month (Sun-Sat, 7 days) will be dedicated to one single instrument (schedule will follow);
  • Multiple compositions on one day will not count as a "bank" for following days;
  • One "skip" per month will be allowed, because life can get a little nutty;
  • After May 12th no changes will be made to these guidelines;
  • Scores will be posted; and
  • If possible, real recordings or digital renderings will be posted.
There may be some more updates to the guidelines before May 12th, and I know it seems goofy, but once I get started I want to make sure that I have very strict rules to go by.

I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on the project and I'm very anxious to get started. I've had more than a couple people who seemed interested in started some sort of 365-day project of their own. If you do start something and keep a public record of it (blog, LJ, etc.) let me know and I'll post the link!

No comments: