Monday, May 19, 2008

Eight.

A very short song featuring lyrics from the poem Reflections on Ice-Breaking by Ogden Nash. (Of whom I am a huge fan; I wrote a series of madrigals based on some of his animal poetry.)

click the image for a clearer view


I don't like how it ends, but I needed to end it before I got too carried away. I can't help but laugh a little at this one, because it's really just not the right thing to do, but sometimes music needs to make you laugh a little bit, even if no one else gets the joke.

This is for piano and voice. Likely a tenor or soprano, but I'd love to see a bass singing this with a very pleasant falsetto. Any takers?

EDIT: I absolutely had to fix the ending.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Dang, I fell behind. You're doing great, pal! I really like this one. Made me laugh too!