Monday, May 12, 2008

One.

Well, I never promised works of art for this project, so if that's what you have come for you can turn away. Here is what will hopefully be the first of many.

click the image for a clearer view


Those of you with rudimentary music theory knowledge might pick up on the decidedly "minor" sound of the phrase, though I was making an (small and failed) effort to really avoid a tonal center. The last couple measures, though, seem completely out of place but could work if the phrase were expanded some. What's done is done, though.

Feels good to be writing music again. Sort of like when you hold your breath for awhile and then suddenly gulp down a lot of air. Head rush.

2 comments:

Christie said...

I. am. so excited. Keep 'em coming. I'll look forward to this every day.

Matt Wrote This said...

you know, buddy, I'm glad you started this. You know why? I'm teaching myself how to use Finale (finally... and pun not REALLY intended) by transcribing your scores from the image file, and playing them back to make sure they're right.

so... you're sorta my teacher by proxy, at long last. keep up the good work!