Monday, May 26, 2008

Fourteen.

For Horn in F. (Remember! It's transposing!)

click the image for a clearer view


Wow. Fourteen. That's just about halfway to the end of Phase II!

I'm very much enjoying writing every day. I have to fight the urge towards complexity -- if I am too complex with my writing, I find it defeats the purpose of writing for the sake of writing. I should maybe have built into the guidelines a two- or three-day period each month where I could work on one single thing. I hate to go back and change the guidelines that I promised myself not to change, but perhaps once I complete Phase II I'll reconsider.

Writing fragments and phrases are nice, but now that I'm writing again I want to do something bigger. We'll see, I suppose.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

due to a loud as hell server next to my head i couldn't quite here it. But as far as changing the rules for being able to write a different piece. If you post what you ad to the larger piece then you will still be composing something everyday and sticking to you plan. It just wont be a different piece everyday just a different part of a larger piece everyday. How does that sound