Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thirty-two. (Day 5.)

I'm a little disappointed in myself for not having made much progress since the last post, but I needed to spend a day listening and considering, and tonight I'm just too exhausted.


The development is a very important part, in my opinion. It's also one of the most terrifying, where anything can go horribly wrong. I feel I have two very strong themes and I'm afraid of using them poorly, so I'm approaching this with caution. I was ready to charge through this like a bull, but I think it best to tread carefully. My challenges are that one is a melodic theme and the other is a rhythmic theme: blending the two, or swapping their melodic/rhythmic content are two very possible means of developing, or perhaps even goals of the development, but it needs to be done right to be done well.

I made some minor changes to the transition between the first and second theme, and started a few measures on the development at the end. In short, not much changed, although I feel very comfortable with what I'm hearing and think I could make some real progress tomorrow. We'll see!

No comments: