Friday, May 23, 2008

Eleven.

Woodwind quintet.

This feels like it would belong as a part of something much bigger, like somewhere in the middle. I like ostinato (repeated) passages, especially when they set up what seems to be a theme, that drift off into the background behind a new theme. I also love the color possibilities with this type of ensemble, though the digital rendering loses a lot of that feeling.

This one's a bit long, so hopefully it'll post okay. I couldn't think of any other way than three separate files for the score.



I'll be away this weekend, but the laptop is coming with me so I'll post what I have on Sunday night, hopefully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVEEEE this one! Keep up the good work. You have inspired me today!

krisis said...

I don't know how I missed this one the first time through, but I just played it for Elise and I really like it. I love how starting at 13 the figures resolve into a more distinct melody/counter, with the flute emerging to carry the melody for a moment before trading it back to oboe. It's very organic.

jamiepants said...

this one's absolutely beautiful =)